Required for September 2023
We are seeking to appoint a qualified and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant with previous experience.
This is a part time, term-time role, which will report into the Head of Learning Development with updates to the Head. The main role of the Teaching Assistant is to work with the Teachers to support individual pupils who may require more support. This can be in lessons or co-curricular activities and the primary outcome is to ensure that the pupils are supported to be able to learn in the most effective way. The duties will include:
- Obtaining the knowledge to understand the lessons that are being taught.
- Ability to carry out tasks including a computer or hand held device
- Willingness to work in both classroom and co-curricular activities
- Supervising pupils to ensure that they are engaged
- Support the emotional and social development of pupils
- Enhance learning and develop programs for adaptation
- Motivate and encourage pupils
- Be prepared to write progress reports as required
- Assist pupils with prep
- Accompany pupils on relevant trips
- Be prepared to seal with a pupil who may have emotional or leaning difficulties
- Any other reasonable duties as required.