Monday 17th November 2014
On Thursday 13 November, U5 – U6 students were given an insight in to the School Leaver Schemes offered by Deloitte. The talk was given by Leanne Reed, Senior Assistant – South Region of Student Recruitment.
The talk given was interesting and informative as Leanne Reed covered what a large company like Deloitte has to offer in their 23 locations and also what the company look for in future applicants namely; career motivation, hunger to learn, commercial awareness, enthusiasm, team work, ability to communicate and problem solving skills.
Deloitte at present offers two programmes for school leavers:
1) BrightStart Scheme
- Start straight after A Levels
- Earn and learn without incurring student debt
- Study for an internationally recognised professional qualification (i.e. ACA, ATT, CTA, CIMA)
- Graduate level responsibility and training
Applications for this programme open in July for the following year.
2) Scholar Scheme
This scheme is for students who wish to have a GAP year before starting university and includes the following benefits:
- 7 months paid placement
- Graduate level responsibility
- Travel bursary of £1,500 (at the end to go towards travel before university)
- Whilst at University – minimum of 6 weeks paid vacation placement and opportunity to experience different service lines.
- On Graduation – Exemption from the online tests and first interview stage when applying to the graduate scheme.
The academic requirements for joining one of the schemes above are as follows:
- A* – C in English
- A* – B in Maths (both achieved in the first sitting)
A-Levels (any subject)
- 300 UCAS points from 3 A Levels for the BrightStart Scheme
- 320 UCAS points from 3 A Levels for the Scholar Scheme (both achieved in the first sitting)
If pupils or parents would like to find out more information regarding the Deloitte schemes above, please contact Mrs McGrenary, Careers Advisor.