Biology Week 2016
Tuesday 4th October 2016
As the school looks forward to Biology Week 2016, officially starting on Saturday, pupils at Queen Anne’s are getting ready to participate in a number of exciting and thought-provoking activities to celebrate the week. Please find below for the full programme for the week:
Monday 10 October
- 12:30pm: Dissection Club will be doing a squid dissection demonstration
- 4:30pm: Biology celebratory tea for Sixth Form biologists and their parents – click here to book for the event
Tuesday 11 October
- 7:30pm: Attenborough Hour
Wednesday 12 October
- 12:30pm: Lecture from Cara Doyle, a Research Assistant, at the University of Bristol. The talk will feature the projects in which she has been involved and how she came to be a research assistant.
Thursday 13 October
- 12:30pm: Biology debate on the Junior Doctors’ Strikes (TBC)
Friday 14 October
- 10:35am (Break Time): Bake Sale in Aid of Telethon Monaco – an organisation that raises money for children with genetic disorders for which an U5 pupil, Christine Knecht de Massy, is an ambassador.
- 10:35am (Break time): Chance to participate in a national survey about reaction times.
Throughout the week girls will also have the opportunity to participate in quizzes, available from their lessons, with the chance to win prizes!