Every parent of a Queen Anne’s student is a member of the Queen Anne’s School Parents’ Association (QASPA). The QASPA Committee is a friendly and active group of parents and staff that organises events that bring the school community together, raise funds and promote the school. The aims of QASPA are broadly:
- Family: to bring the girls, parents and staff together and help contribute to the sense of community within the school.
- Fun: to enjoy a wide range of activities.
- Fundraising: to fund welcome ‘extras’ for the benefit of the whole school and to raise money for selected charities.
WHAT WE DO
Over the years, QASPA has organised many successful initiatives of benefit firstly to the girls but also their families. Items purchased by QASPA in the past included a marquee lining for the Sports Hall, equipment hire and music stands for the music department, a DVD player and camcorder for the drama and geography departments, a pyrotechnic system for the drama department, a pond and related equipment for the science departments, ‘memory map’ educational software for the geography department, a telescope and housing, and a donation to each of the houses to purchase pictures etc.
THE QASPA COMMITTEE
The QASPA committee meets about twice a term and represents families from all year groups and houses. The committee works closely with the Headmistress and staff to provide opportunities for parents to meet one another, to fundraise for specific items for the girls and to promote the school.
Current committee membership: Joanna Bausor, Jacinta Bowater, Robert Bray, Jennifer Cope (Secretary), Natasha Curtis, Annette Dart (Chair), Ann Gass (Treasurer), Elizabeth Green, Julia Harrington (Headmistress), Elizabeth Leaver, Sarah Pavey, Hannah Pilgrim (Alumnae Relations), Helen Ralston and Angela Roberts.
- Thursday 7 September 2017: QASPA presents New Parents Coffee from 8am in The Space
- Friday 22 September 2017: Casino Night
- Thursday 9 November 2017: Bicester Shopping Trip
- Friday 17 November 2017: Berry Bros Wine Tasting Evening
If you have any suggestions for future events, feedback on what we do, have a desire to help or join the committee please feel free to contact us on email@example.com.