Queen Anne’s Sports Day 2016
Tuesday 28th June 2016
This year’s annual Queen Anne’s Sports Day 2016 saw high numbers of girls participating, with nearly all girls in the year groups L4 to L5 competing in at least one event.
Some of the highlights from this year’s Sports Day include:
- Bianca Buencamino in the Senior 80m Hurdles narrowly missed setting a new hurdles record with a time of 13.81s and jumped a new personal best of 1m41 in the High Jump.
- Maisie Pennant ran a highly competitive Senior 300m in 44.75s
- There was a welcome return to sport for Laura Bunce, winning the Senior 100m after a year of injury.
- Leyla Hazley won both the Senior 200m and the Senior Long Jump.
- The Inter 100m was a show of speed with Georgie Kent and Emily Dunseath recording times of 13.09 and 13.35 respectively.
- There were some excellent throw performances with Bella Bowater winning Senior Javelin with a throw of 26.47m, Ella Harris winning the Senior Shot with a distance of 8.32m and Sophie Lange winning the Inter Discus with a distance of 21.86m.
- The L4 Open 800m was a particularly competitive race with 15 competitors; Amber Ingram, Lauren Richmond and Daisy Sturt all recorded times under 3 minutes.
17 November 2017
The U13 and U15 swimming squads put together a complete team performance at LVS Ascot - with every single girl making a huge contribution to the overall group success.
15 November 2017
Recent U6 Leavers Britta A, Lara H, Kate H, Eliza M and Jessica R are all on the way to the palace. All the girls have successfully completed their Gold DofE Award.
10 November 2017
Following the school's biennial Westminster Abbey Service on Friday 20 October, a total of more than £2,400 was raised for the Sounds of Palestine charity.
08 November 2017
On Friday 3 November, some of our English students were treated to a lecture from award-winning photojournalist Rick Findler.
30 October 2017
On Thursday 19 October, the U4 went to the Fortune Theatre in London to watch The Woman in Black, which they had been studying in their English lessons.