Queen Anne’s Sports Day 2016
Tuesday 28th June 2016
This year’s annual Queen Anne’s Sports Day 2016 saw high numbers of girls participating, with nearly all girls in the year groups L4 to L5 competing in at least one event.
Some of the highlights from this year’s Sports Day include:
- Bianca Buencamino in the Senior 80m Hurdles narrowly missed setting a new hurdles record with a time of 13.81s and jumped a new personal best of 1m41 in the High Jump.
- Maisie Pennant ran a highly competitive Senior 300m in 44.75s
- There was a welcome return to sport for Laura Bunce, winning the Senior 100m after a year of injury.
- Leyla Hazley won both the Senior 200m and the Senior Long Jump.
- The Inter 100m was a show of speed with Georgie Kent and Emily Dunseath recording times of 13.09 and 13.35 respectively.
- There were some excellent throw performances with Bella Bowater winning Senior Javelin with a throw of 26.47m, Ella Harris winning the Senior Shot with a distance of 8.32m and Sophie Lange winning the Inter Discus with a distance of 21.86m.
- The L4 Open 800m was a particularly competitive race with 15 competitors; Amber Ingram, Lauren Richmond and Daisy Sturt all recorded times under 3 minutes.
24 May 2018
The GCSE and A Level Drama classes went to the Watermill Theatre, on Tuesday 22 May, to see the Watermill production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
23 May 2018
Success, joy and elation for 3 Queen Anne's girls as they take part in the, Windsor Colour Run, raising money for charity Clear Sky.
21 June 2018
BrainCanDo is pleased to be able to welcome two sleep experts, Dr Nicola Barclay from the Sleep and Circadian Neuroscience Institute (Oxford University) and Dr Fran Knight from the Institute of Education (UCL)