Queen Anne’s Sports Day 2016
Tuesday 28th June 2016
This year’s annual Queen Anne’s Sports Day 2016 saw high numbers of girls participating, with nearly all girls in the year groups L4 to L5 competing in at least one event.
Some of the highlights from this year’s Sports Day include:
- Bianca Buencamino in the Senior 80m Hurdles narrowly missed setting a new hurdles record with a time of 13.81s and jumped a new personal best of 1m41 in the High Jump.
- Maisie Pennant ran a highly competitive Senior 300m in 44.75s
- There was a welcome return to sport for Laura Bunce, winning the Senior 100m after a year of injury.
- Leyla Hazley won both the Senior 200m and the Senior Long Jump.
- The Inter 100m was a show of speed with Georgie Kent and Emily Dunseath recording times of 13.09 and 13.35 respectively.
- There were some excellent throw performances with Bella Bowater winning Senior Javelin with a throw of 26.47m, Ella Harris winning the Senior Shot with a distance of 8.32m and Sophie Lange winning the Inter Discus with a distance of 21.86m.
- The L4 Open 800m was a particularly competitive race with 15 competitors; Amber Ingram, Lauren Richmond and Daisy Sturt all recorded times under 3 minutes.
13 September 2017
Monday 11 September saw Queen Anne's two Head Girls attend their first outing of the year representing Queen Anne’s School at Tatler’s 14th annual Schools Awards 2017.
07 September 2017
Over the summer holidays, Sixth Form student and Sports Captain Bella competed for the England U19 A Lacrosse team in the Lacrosse festival held in conjunction with the Lacrosse World Cup at Surrey Sports Park.
17 August 2017
Queen Anne’s School, Caversham, is delighted to report another set of excellent A Level results for 2017 that the girls can be very proud of with 66% of all grades at A*, A or B.
03 August 2017
31 intrepid Sixth Formers boarded a coach at 6am on the first day of their holidays and headed north to the beautiful mountains and tarns of the Lake District in Cumbria to take part in their DofE Qualifying and Practice Expeditions