Results (A) ESAA Track and Field Cup Athletics
Wednesday 15th May 2013
Athletes endured a very wet and cold day today at Palmer Park but were rewarded with some excellent individual performances.
In the junior competition, the highest points in individual events were scored by the following:
- Emily Potter scored 23 points for her time of 2mins 35 in the 800m
- Maisie Pennant scored 19 points for her time of 2 mins 47 in the 800m
- Grace Taylor scored 19 points for a clearance of 1m35 in high jump
The highest combined score was 39 points achieved by Emily Potter in 800m and discus.
In the inter competition, the highest points in individual events were scored by the following:
- Bella Austin scored 21 points for her time of 13.2s in the 80m hurdles.
- Ella McNeill scored 18 points for a clearance of 1m41 in high jump.
- Shannon Motha scored 18 points for a time of 2mins 38 in the 800m.
The highest combined score was 33 points achieved by Shannon Motha in the 800m and javelin.
Top 5 (out of 9) Junior Teams Top 5 (out of 9) Inter Teams
1st : St Bartholomew’s 302 points 1st: St Bartholomew’s 340 points
2nd : Queen Anne’s 290 points 2nd: Downe House 293 points
3rd: Downe House 278 points 3rd: Queen Anne’s 284 points
4th: The Abbey 274 points 4th: Kennet 264 points
5th: Kennet 132 points 5th: The Abbey 237 points
We now need to await the results from other areas over the course of the next two weeks to find out which teams have made a regional final. Congratulations to all our competitors on some excellent results.