QASPA Sarah Newton Talk
Tuesday 14th January 2014
During the talk Sarah will:
· Discuss the real facts regarding drink and drugs, not the hyped-up media view of the situation.
· Inform you of the real dangers when it comes to drugs and drink.
· Arm you with questions and discussion topics to bring these matters up with your teens and pre-teens.
· Help parents identify when they should be worried and what to do if they are.
· Show you how to build self-esteem in your daughter, so abuse of such substances is unlikely.
Hailed as “The Supernanny for Teens”, Sarah previously worked in the police force for 10 years and as part of her duties delivered drug education in schools, starting one of the first drug peer-mentoring schemes in the country. She knows first-hand, the effects that drugs and drink and can have on young people and this talk is aimed at giving an honest, balanced view of the situation.