Conference: MMA INSET
Wednesday 27th February 2013
Wednesday 27 February 2013
This seminar is open to MMA
and non-MMA members
Location: Queen Anne’s School, RG4 6DX
Queen Anne’s will be hosting an Inset Day for the MMA on Wednesday 27 February. This is also open to non-members of the MMA and the day will focus on the following areas of music education:
- Current challenges
- Examination specifications
- Day-to-day business
- Introduction to the VOCES8 Method – This is a brand new scheme which seeks to promote learning in schools through regular musical activity which all can be involved in. It is being run as a pilot scheme in a number of schools and is the focus of a research project by the London Institute for Education.
- Worship and Music for Chapel – a discussion session with musicians and school chaplains talking about how to support whole-school faith events and an exchange of ideas with Frances Novillo from the RSCM.
The day includes a lunchtime concert by Queen Anne’s students and lunch will also be provided.
- 9.30am – Coffee and registration
- 10.00am – Discussion workshop and open forum
- 11.00am – Coffee
- 11.10am – VOCES8 Method
- 12.30pm – Lunch
- 1.00pm – Lunchtime Concert
- 2.00pm – Chaplains and Musicians
- 4.00pm – Depart
Reserve a place now:
If you would like to reserve a place on this seminar, please email Mrs Claire Richards, Music Administrator.
Please make cheques payable to ‘Queen Anne’s School’.