WORK FOR US OVERVIEW
Queen Anne’s School is a happy and exciting place to work, where every member of the school team is valued. We aim to recruit the highest calibre of staff through all areas of the school. Queen Anne’s School is a community and all staff work with a professional, committed and enthusiastic attitude. In return, we will provide opportunities for personal and career development by investing in training and support both befitting the individual and whole school.
The campus is located in beautiful 35 acre grounds with good transport links and within easy walking distance of Reading Station, shops and restaurants . All staff have the opportunity to use the swimming pool, gym and a great choice of catering facilities.
We offer a number of staff benefits including a discounted gym membership, an on-site cafe (with fantastic coffee!), Child Care Voucher Scheme, pension scheme and occupational health service.
To apply for any current vacancies, please click the online application form. Please click below to access APPENDIX 1 Spent convictions and the DBS filtering rules.
Alternatively to request a Word version of the application form, please email HR@qas.org.uk (an application form is a Safer Recruitment requirement at Queen Anne’s). In addition, we also require a covering letter detailing the reasons for your application and your suitability for the post. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
PLEASE SEE ALL CURRENT VACANCIES BELOW.
Teacher of Mathematics
Required for September 2018
We are seeking to appoint a qualified, enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Mathematics to teach up to A-Level and Oxbridge entrance within this academically selective and dynamic school.
The successful candidate will:
- develop excellence within their teaching and inspire the girls
- be committed to promoting Mathematics as a subject across the whole school
- have flair and vision to develop new initiatives within the school
- be instrumental in maintaining a happy and safe environment whilst stretching girls to their full potential
- be committed to a boarding and day school ethos
Content Marketing Executive
All Year Round
Required to start as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic Marketing Executive for this role involving all aspects of marketing content, PR, events, branding, digital, DM, sales promotion, design and advertising.
Essential skills and qualities:
- A team player, building strong relationships with all relevant stakeholders in the School.
- A confident individual who is able to demonstrate excellent time management and planning skills and is able to meet specific deadlines.
- A hard worker, with a flexible approach who understands the fundamentals of what a marketing team need to deliver.
Theatre and Sound Technician
We are seeking to employ a Theatre and Sound Technician to provide technical support for events, productions and concerts on a flexible basis. The role’s hours will relate to external hires and internal school productions. Working hours can take place at varying times of the year and the length of sessions can vary.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide appropriate technical production support for the School’s performances, concerts and activities
- Work across multiple teams to support the delivery of a number of artistic, academic and venue hire activities
- Set up and operate lighting, sound and multimedia equipment
- Provide maintenance support for all relevant technical equipment, machines, furniture, fixtures and fittings
- Ensure all equipment is stored safely and is accessible to others when absent
- Provide technical assistance to external users.
We are always interested to hear from applicants who are interested in joining our exam invigilation team for during examination periods. The invigilation team oversee the examination hall and provide access arrangements such as scribes and readers for pupils who require additional help and support.
Training is provided and so no previous experience is necessary.
Any interested applicants should apply via the Queen Anne’s application form above.